There are two reasons patients come to us to have a revision facelift. The first is to ‘fix’ things that didn’t go well during the first facelift. The second is that it’s time again to rejuvenate the face. By having a second facelift, you can take advantage of the very latest techniques that will further reduce or remove the signs of aging or prior surgery.
At Dr. Brent’s practice in Beverly Hills, he uses years of experience to help patients reach their aesthetic goals. With every facelift, he aims for a natural look that enhances your unique features and beauty. Call us today to learn more about how you can benefit from a revision facelift.
What Is a Revision Facelift?
A revision facelift is a corrective procedure performed to revise and improve upon the results of previous facial surgery. Sometimes it is also called a secondary facelift or facelift revisional. There are several reasons patients elect to have revision facelift procedures.
- Refresh or Update: While facelift results last for years, our bodies continue to age. A revision facelift can target changes caused by aging since your last facelift.
- Correction: Sometimes patients come to us from other surgeons who are unhappy with their results. Dr. Brent can then revise and fix any imperfections from the first facelift.
- Take Advantage of New Techniques: Facelift techniques have drastically advanced over the past decade. We can now create more natural-looking results without the drawbacks of earlier techniques.
Why Choose Dr. Brent for Your Revision Facelift?
Revisional facelift procedures require an entirely different skill set. A higher degree of precision, accuracy, and technical proficiency are necessary than what is required for traditional or first-time facelift procedures.
Many of Dr. Brents’s trademarked techniques are uniquely suited to the revisional facelift. In his Beverly Hills and Los Angeles offices, Dr. Brent consults with patients and introduces them to his signature techniques, including:
- USIC cheek lift
- 360 Facelift
All these techniques were designed specifically with the revisional patient in mind. Dr. Brent will develop a customized treatment plan for your revision facelift that:
- Minimizes or eliminates the signs of previous surgery
- Enhances the patient’s existing facial features
- Restores many of the features of a more youthful face
THE MOELLEKEN DIFFERENCE
Dr. Brent utilizes state-of-the-art facelift techniques during every revision facelift procedure. He has spent years perfecting these advanced methods to provide unparalleled results. The benefits of his signature techniques include:
- Incorporation of his microsurgery training and vast knowledge of facial anatomy. Together these factors minimize the risk of damaging the delicate facial nerves. Such a situation is a potential complication that can result when doctors perform facelifts without the right training. This is critically important with revisional facelifts. The SMAS (deep layer) is often injured, discontinuous, and in need of repair. Dr. Brent can cover those vital nerves with SMAS tissue or LiveFill grafts to reconstruct the normal protective layer.
- Focus on the importance of effectively hiding surgical scars. Dr. Brent carefully assesses the contours of each patient’s face when determining incision placement. This careful assessment ensures that the scars are as close to invisible as possible. This usually means he has three aims. First, he removes existing scars. He then hides new ones in seams. Finally, he executes careful reconstruction techniques.
- Avoiding the ‘windswept’ or ‘pulled, plastic look.’ Dr. Brent restructures and elevates the deep layers of the face for a subtly revitalized, youthful look.
- Artistic style is a central factor. Dr. Brent strives to do conservative work. To him, that means, ‘do as much as you can without causing damage”. This “damage” is what often results in odd or unnatural results. Even if these are present, he can almost always improve and sometimes eliminate them.
- Dr. Brent offers a broad range of supplementary procedures. These various options can be performed in combination with a facelift. The result: the creation of a harmoniously natural surgical outcome. When done right, they enhance facial rejuvenation for a stunning final result.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I GET MORE THAN ONE FACELIFT?
Yes, a second or even third facelift can often be performed. However, for each following facelift, you need a surgeon with a track record of excellent results.
CAN I REVERSE THE EFFECTS OF A PRIOR FACELIFT?
Absolutely! Certain physicians specialize in revision work on the face. There are discreet steps that can be taken during the revision surgery to restore a normal appearance. You can even gain further rejuvenation.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY FOR A SECONDARY FACELIFT?
Generally, you can expect a similar experience to your first procedure. Most patients take about two weeks of downtime after their surgery. During this time, following your recovery instructions will be vital. These instructions are designed to help you heal better for optimal results.
IS THERE MORE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH A SECONDARY FACELIFT PROCEDURE?
The biggest risk is in not choosing the right surgeon. While many surgeons might offer this procedure, it is important to check their abilities! Ask for before-after photographs to confirm their techniques and their level of skill.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN I EXPECT FROM A SECONDARY FACELIFT?
Patients can expect to look rejuvenated but less’ surgical.’ Many patients view this as a life-changing experience. They can overcome the self-consciousness caused by their previous results.
HOW CAN I TELL IF I NEED A REVISION FACELIFT?
If you are not satisfied with your last facelift, then it might be time for a revision. Some signs this procedure is for you include:
- You find yourself wanting facial rejuvenation to address new signs of aging.
- Aspects from your previous surgery make your face appear ‘pulled’ or unnatural.
During your consultation, Dr. Brent will help you discover the best options for you. With a personalized treatment plan, you will be enjoying a rejuvenated appearance sooner than you think!
Schedule Your Consultation
A revisional facelift will not succeed unless special techniques are used to reverse (not just avoid) alterations to the facial appearance. Of course, it’s better to avoid these things in the first place, so primary facelifts need to consider the same details… before they become a ‘post-facelift look’
If you would like to learn more about the Revisional facelift procedure, please contact Moelleken Plastic Surgery today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Moelleken.