Being a mother can be an enriching and fulfilling experience for a woman. But there is no denying that the physical toll of motherhood can change a woman’s body. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can all affect your body’s overall appearance. Sure, there are instances of women regaining their pre-pregnancy shape almost immediately after delivery. But, these are not the norm. Many women struggle with their bodies after pregnancy. The mommy makeover procedure has become a popular option for mothers who are looking to restore their youthful figure and shape. Top plastic surgeon Dr. Brent specializes in the popular mommy makeover procedure.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
The main goal of the mommy makeover is to restore a women’s body to pre-pregnancy condition. But, there are a lot of different areas of the body that can be targeted. This means that a mommy makeover isn’t a single procedure, but rather several. Each of them is curated to fit the patient’s unique body and the changes they have experienced.
Although some people may want a makeover of the entire body, many women only need a few areas targeted. There is no right or wrong amount of procedures you choose. The goal and focus is to make you feel confident and vigorous again.
Before and After
More Mommy Makeover Examples
Effects of Motherhood on a Woman’s Body
- Muscles in the abdomen become stretched, loosened, and weakened. This causes your stomach to appear more flabby and saggy than it did before your pregnancy. In some cases, the muscles in your abdomen can even separate during pregnancy.
- This condition is called diastasis recti or diastasis recti abdominis. Dr. Brent is renowned for his diastasis recti repair to help treat the abdomen.
- Breasts expand and contract drastically throughout the process of milk production. It is common for a woman to go up several cup sizes then drop back down in the course of breastfeeding.
- Many women experience a loss of volume in their breasts once done with breastfeeding. The appearance of sagging, lower hanging breasts is due to the loss of volume. Also, the skin is stretched and expanded during milk production.
- In most cases, changes in labia size and shape during and after pregnancy are temporary. But, at times, the inner lips may protrude.
- The labiaplasty or vaginoplasty procedure is a popular treatment to help contour the labia.
- Aging can result in weight gain, sagging skin, volume loss, and stubborn pockets of fat.
- The body parts that often struggle with sagging or fat deposits are the hips, waist, stomach, thighs, butt, lower back, neck, and upper arms.
Mommy Makeover Options
Mommy makeovers are combination procedures that often pair two or more cosmetic surgeries. We work with patients to create custom procedures that help restore your pre-pregnancy physique. The following procedures are available to help you achieve the youthful shape you desire.
- Breast Augmentation – Restore lost volume for a fuller look.
- Breast Lift – Lift and enhance breasts that gradually sag over time to a perkier position.
Abdomen & Midsection
- Tummy Tuck – Remove excess skin, fat, and tissue.
- Hybrid Tummy Tuck® by Dr. Brent – Dr. Brent’s signature tummy tuck has shorter incisions than traditional tummy tucks.
- Liposuction & Liposculpture – Target and remove fat in trouble areas with pinpoint accuracy to give it a more slender appearance.
Arms & Legs
- Arm Lift – Treat flabby upper arms or “bat wings” for a slimmer, tighter look.
- Thigh Lift – Get firmer, sleeker legs by treating loose skin, dimpled cellulite skin, or stubborn fat deposits.
Face & Neck
- Facelift – Rejuvenate your appearance by tightening and lifting your skin for a younger look.
- Neck Lift – Treat sagging skin for a more defined jawline and smoother neck.
Am I a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
If you are considering a mommy makeover procedure, we recommend you call to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brent Moelleken. Your consultation will cover what to expect and how we will help you reach your aesthetic goals. You will receive recommendations based on Dr. Brent’s expertise and analysis.
Your medical history will also be discussed, including:
- Any prior conditions or surgeries.
- Medications or supplements you are taking or have taken recently.
- Your recreational drug or tobacco usage history.
- Your motivations for undergoing a mommy makeover and your expectations.
- Your aesthetic goals and desires.
Although the term for this procedure is the “mommy makeover,” it does not mean you need to have had children to undergo it. This combination of surgeries is beneficial for women who have not experienced maternity as well. It is for any woman who feels like they can benefit from a physical makeover.
Mommy Makeover Procedure Overview
The following is a general guideline of the stages throughout the process. The final procedure will look different for every patient, depending on what areas you want to target. However, the general outline remains the same. We always start with a consultation and work from there.
Consultation & Assessment
Discuss your goals and expectations of the procedure with Dr. Brent. He will make recommendations based on your specific case.
In most cases, mommy makeovers are performed in a single visit. This will save you time as well as money on anesthesia and operating room costs. Also, the convenience of performing all procedures at once means there is only one recovery period.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
Typically, we recommend having at least two full weeks of recovery before returning to a sitting job or light physical activity.
- Around six weeks, you can expect to increase your physical activity level gradually.
- By three months, you can expect to be able to resume your regular activities.
- Keep in mind that these timetables are for a patient recovering from only a tummy tuck. A more comprehensive mommy makeover means you can expect the recovery to last a bit longer.
- While in recovery, it is important not to exert yourself and have help around or nearby as you heal.
Call To Book Your Personal Mommy Makeover Consultation Today!
Take the first step to reclaiming your body after pregnancy. If you desire to return your body to its previous shape, a mommy makeover can help you get there.
A positive change in your life begins with a consultation. We help patients through the process every day. It is essential to us that you feel comfortable, not only with Dr. Moelleken but with his entire professional team.
Many patients prefer a combination of procedures over separate operations. During your consultation, Dr. Brent, Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon, can decide on how many surgeries you need and the best way to complete them. To learn more or schedule a personal consultation, call our office.