Skin care is an important part of keeping your skin looking youthful. Skin care can be overwhelming as you may not know where to start. Starting out slow and adding to your routine can be helpful if you are just starting out. Below you will find how skin care fights aging and helpful tips to keep your skin looking flawless.
How Skin Care Fights Aging
A healthy skin care routine can help ensure the longevity of your skin. Preserving the youthful components of your skin can help you feel confident in your skin. The natural aging process can begin to take a toll on your skin as early as your 20s as collagen and elastin production decrease. This can lead to fine lines, wrinkles, and skin sagging which can all make you appear older.
In addition to the natural aging process, certain lifestyle and environmental factors can take a toll on your skin. Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, sun exposure, dehydration, poor diet, pollution, and harsh weather conditions can all have a negative impact on your skin. This is why it is important to have a good skincare routine, in addition to living a healthy lifestyle focused on moderation. A good skincare routine can help minimize the effects of natural aging on your face. However, this must be combined with a healthy lifestyle.
Skin Care Routine Essentials
Despite the massive amount of advertisements about skincare and skincare products, less is actually more when it comes to your daily skin care routine. Consider the following essential items and be sure they are in your daily skin care routine.
- Cleanser: If you are a beginner when it comes to skin care in Beverly Hills, start with finding a cleanser that works for you. This will include a lot of trial and error so be patient. Depending on your skin type you may need to use it morning and night. However, some people can skip it in the morning and just use water to wash their face. Try both options to see which ones works for you. The focus of a cleanser is to clean your skin, but you don’t want to use it so much that you dry your skin out.
- Moisturizer: Cleanser and moisturizer go hand in hand. You need a good-quality moisturizer to ensure your skin stays hydrated after you use your cleanser. Dehydration can impact your skin and cause fine lines and wrinkles. Just like with finding a cleanser, finding the right moisturizer can be a lot of trial and error. You should use your moisturizer in the morning and at night. If you don’t cleanse in the morning, use water to wash off your face and apply your moisturizer.
- Sunscreen: Sun damage is one of the most common factors that can lead to the acceleration of the natural aging process. You should use at least SPF 30 every day no matter if you are going outside or not. If you do go outside, you will likely need to reapply it in order to stay protected.
Additional Skin Care Products
Depending on the current state of your skin, your age, the weather, and certain lifestyle factors, you may need additional products. Below are some of the additional products that you can add into your skin care routine to ensure your skin is glowing.
- Toner: This can be helpful to smooth, soften, and calm your skin. Toner is applied right after your cleanser and can be a great addition to your routine if you have issues with dry skin or redness.
- Serum: There are a massive amount of serums that can help improve your skin. Hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, peptides, and vitamin C are just some of the serums that can help improve your skin. Experiment with serums one at a time for the best results.
- Exfoliation: This is not an everyday product, but it can dramatically improve your skin if used properly. Exfoliation helps with skin cell turnover so it can reveal new and fresh skin. This results in a glowing and youthful look. Talk with a plastic surgeon in Los Angeles to see which exfoliant is right for you.