Having a baby is often the happiest and most overwhelming time in the lives of new parents. But new moms can have an especially challenging time adjusting to the demands of motherhood. The changes a new baby brings to a household are numerous, but new moms also experience changes in their body that can lead to poor self-image and even post-partum depression.
Innovative plastic surgeon Dr. Brent Moelleken performs a Mommy Makeover in Beverly Hills to help women restore their pre-pregnancy shape and possibly even improve it. Dr. Brent understands the physical toll motherhood takes on women and has put together various procedures to help women get back what is altered through pregnancy. The term “Mommy Makeover” is coined for any surgery, or collection of surgeries, that is designed to help restore your pre-pregnancy physique.
The best candidates for a Mommy Makeover are:
• Women who are finished having children
• Women of average weight who have adopted heathy living habits
• Women with specific issues who have not responded favorably to diet and exercise
• Women who are finished breast-feeding (for specific breast procedures)
• Women who can take sufficient time off to allow for a full recover
Some of the most common Mommy Makeover procedures include:
• Breast Lift or Mastopexy: This procedure will improve the appearance of sagging breasts because of pregnancy and breastfeeding
• Breast Augmentation: This procedure will return the cup size back to pre-pregnancy measurements
• Breast Reduction: This procedure will reduce enlarged breasts because of pregnancy
• Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty: This procedure will revive stomach muscles and tighten sagging skin
• Liposuction, Liposculpture, or Lipoplasty: This procedure will remove and eliminate unwanted pockets of fat from the stomach, hips, thighs, legs, arms, and lower back.
Mommy makeovers can include any or all these body-contouring procedures depending on the patient’s needs and expectations. These procedures can be performed separately or at the same time and the combination of procedures is performed in a certain order to maximize results and minimize incisions. Many patients prefer a combination of procedures over separate operations, but the decision of how many surgeries are needed and the best way to complete them will be evaluated during the consultation with Dr. Moelleken.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Mommy Makeover is the most popular cosmetic surgery today. This is because after delivery, most moms are unsatisfied with their body image. Even if you find the time to diet and exercise, once you lose the weight you gained during pregnancy the loss is not always proportional to the amount of fatty tissue in a given area. That means for some, more weight may be lost from the abdomen and waist than the breasts or buttocks, which can result in a large waist or abdomen and small breasts. Many new moms report that months after their baby is born, they are asked when their baby is due and realizing your body has lost its original shape and definition can be devastating. A mommy makeover will help reverse all the effects of childbirth along with the feeling of helplessness when you are frustrated about how your body looks.
Mommy Makeover in Beverly Hills & Beverly Hills
Dr. Brent Moelleken, MD, FACS, is a Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon practicing in Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara. Double board certified, he received his training at Harvard University, Yale University, UCSF and UCLA. Dr. Moelleken is one of three specialty-trained surgeons in the world to complete the year-long Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship at UCLA. He maintains the prestigious FACS degree and is a member of the ASPS and ASAPS. If you are frustrated with your body image, don’t spend another day depressed and struggling. Call Dr. Brent today and make an appointment to learn more about undergoing a mommy makeover in the greater Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara areas.
Dr. Brent Moelleken, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon practicing in Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara. Double board certified, he received his training at Harvard University, Yale University, UCSF and UCLA. Dr. Moelleken is one of three specialty-trained surgeons in the world to complete the year-long Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship at UCLA. He maintains the prestigious F.A.C.S. degree and is a member of the ASPS and ASAPS.