Aging has a way of sneaking up on you. A little grey here, a small wrinkle there, and all of a sudden the person you see in the mirror just doesn’t look like you anymore. Now many people age with relative grace, but there’s no shame in finding the process a little disconcerting. It isn’t vanity if you just want to look like yourself again. Fortunately, there are a number of cosmetic surgeries that can give you the results you want. Let’s look at the best cosmetic surgery to look younger.
All cosmetic surgeries are intended to help you look like a more youthful and toned version of yourself. However, when it comes to anti-aging, there are some procedures that provide greater benefit than others. There are non-surgical and surgical options for you to choose from. A trip to see your plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills will help you figure out which procedure(s) are right for you.
Best Cosmetic Surgery to Look Younger
A facelift is pretty involved as far as anti-aging cosmetic surgeries go, but it offers some of the most complete results, thanks to the level of complexity. Depending on the type of facelift you choose, your board-certified plastic surgeon can address your forehead, eyes, cheeks, chin, and neck in one procedure. As a result, facelifts are an excellent choice for someone who wants a more complete anti-aging procedure.
Types of Facelifts
- Mini Facelifts: A subtle option that focuses on the neck and jawline.
- Minimal Access Cranial Suspension Facelift (MACS): A less invasive procedure that aims for a subtle “lift” of the face.
- High Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System Facelift (High SMAS): A more complete facelift that works to heighten the cheekbones and eliminate sagging in the jowls and neck.
- Platysma SMAS Plication Facelift: A complete facelift with an emphasis on natural-looking results. The technology used is a bit different to prevent the appearance of tightness anywhere on the face. The only downside is that it doesn’t adequately address the eyes and forehead.
- The Signature 360 Facelift: A specialized combination of techniques used by Dr. Brent to give patients their perfect result.
A blepharoplasty is the medical term applied to a number of different eyelid surgeries. Unfortunately, the sensitive skin around your eyes is one of the first places that you’ll notice the initial signs of aging.
The loss of collagen and elastin in combination with thinning skin can cause some serious complications. Especially when it comes to your eyes. Visible bags above and underneath the eyes happen frequently in older people, and they aren’t just visually unpleasant. In serious cases, sagging skin above the eye can literally block your vision, making a blepharoplasty medically necessary.
Of course, you probably aren’t there yet. However, there’s no denying that our eyes are one of the first places we and other people look. If you want to take a few years off of your face, then a blepharoplasty is an excellent choice for patients who are starting to see sagging around the eyes.
Maybe you’re in your 30s or 40s and simply want a slight boost. Then injectables are a perfectly valid way of improving your skin tone and texture for a more youthful look. Botox is the most recognizable, but there are a range of fillers that can be used to plump out your cheeks, lips, or even give you a temporary nose job.
On the other side of things, there are also non-surgical fat removal procedures available if you’re looking to smooth out your jawline, upper arms, or thighs. Most of these procedures use laser technology, but the specifics will depend on the type of procedure you choose.
For more information on these procedures talk to your local board-certified surgeon.